Stay tuned to this space for exciting promotions as we celebrate Singapore’s 48th Birthday! Coming to you this August 1st!
Interesting bits you may not know about Singapore…
- The entire national anthemn’s lyrics are included as microprint, which is a unique feature to the $1,000 banknote.
- Although Singapore does not produce any oil, it is the top bunkering (ship refuelling) ports in the world. In 2012, more than 42 million tonnes of bunkers were lifted in Singapore. This is enough to fill over 17,000 Olympic-sized pools.
- Hidden on the property of the Sembawang Air Base, is the only natural hot springs of Singapore that is said to have healing properties.
- The Singapore Flag: Red – brotherhood and equality of men, White – purity and virtue. The crescent moon for a rising nation; five stars for Singapore’s ideals of democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality. However, the flag was originally not like this. It was originally all red, but as red is a traditionally Chinese color, an all red flag was abandoned. The crescent was also added to acknowledge the important presence of the Malays in Singapore.
- And the country with the highest percentage of millionaires in the world? Singapore, of course.