Here’s a quick review on Oakley Garage Rock.
What is it?
- Category: Lifestyle Sunglass.
- Frame construction: Twin lens, unibody plastic frame with integrated sculpted non-adjustable nosepiece and non-adjustable foldable earstems.
- Celebrity Status: Sebastian Loeb, Valentino Rossi, Fernando Alonso, Romain Grosjean, Elena Paparizoy, Ryan Sheckler, Kolohe Andino, Shaun White
And the quick review:
- It fits. Like no other. These shades are awesome in feel and fit. Takes to your face and holds it there with loads of comfort. The only complain I receive is that certain Asian faces will have a problem with the slightly low integrated nosepiece that is a part of the frame and non adjustable. It can be slightly shallow and leaves imprints on your cheeks caused by the lower part of the frame.
- Otherwise, it feels very comfy and I have the Ducati version in my car so its all good. A 4-hour drive to Kuala Lumpur? Sure! Bring it on.
- Why the Ducati? Grey polarized lenses protects just enough for the road, and when you drive into KPE or CTE, its not dark enough to make you blind. (They are riding glasses engineered by Ducati for a reason) Not too big to look like a bug, not too small to give enough coverage from the sun.
Style and celeb status:
- Sky high with F1 Stars and Skating/Snowboarding Royalty. Looks awesome from the streets to the beach.
- As good as it gets with these Made In USA sunglasses. Quality, Quality, Quality.
Oh! And btw, its prescription ready so run to your optician to get fitted.
Here’s a write out from Oakley.com
This salute to the ’60s has metal detailing inspired by electric guitars, and the retro riffs are part of a smooth, classic look as original as the icons of rock. Our homage to the era of high-decibel solos and horrified parents, Garage Rock™ is made of lightweight O Matter™ for comfort that never dies. It features High Definition Optics® (HDO®) for the ultimate in clarity and protection.
Even street style deserves a dose of Oakley performance innovation, and that’s why Garage Rock gives you the full-on filtering of Plutonite® lenses that stop every wavelength of UV.
Garage Rock can be matched with premium HDPolarized lenses to cut through reflected glare, and you can get even more options like Iridium® lens coatings that balance light transmission. Need prescription correction? This frame can be fitted with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses.
by Wong Kin Leong, eduKate Tampines, Pinevale